Cotton Traders (www.cottontraders.com) is a popular British casualwear and fashion brand founded in 1987 by former England rugby captains Fran Cotton and Steve Smith. Initially focused on sportswear sold via catalogues, Cotton Traders has grown into a multichannel retailer selling affordable, quality clothing, footwear and homeware.
With over 80 stores across the UK and websites serving over 25 countries, Cotton Traders appeals to a broad range of customers looking for comfortable, versatile everyday wear. Their extensive size range, quality fabrics, classic yet modern styling and frequent sales and deals make the brand a go-to for many shoppers.
Cotton Traders Sale Dates in 2024
|1 – 31 January
|Discounts on winter stock to make way for new season
|Valentine’s Day Sale
|1 – 14 February
|Romantic dresses, nightwear and accessories on offer
|1 – 30 April
|Spring/summer products discounted ahead of new season
|1 July – 31 August
|Savings on current season’s ranges in-store and online
|August Bank Holiday Sale
|Last weekend of August
|Long weekend discounts both online and in-store
|Black Friday Sale
|24 – 27 November
|Huge one day savings event across all departments
|1 – 24 December
|Must-have gifts and festivewear on sale before Christmas
|Boxing Day Sale
|26 December onwards
|Starts online on Boxing Day, in stores later that week
Popular Sale Events at Cotton Traders
Black Friday Sale
Cotton Traders’ famous Black Friday sale sees some of the biggest savings of the year. For one day only, usually the last Friday in November, shoppers can expect up to 60% off items site-wide both online and in stores.
The sale includes all departments, from women’s dresses to men’s fleeces and home accessories. It's the perfect time to stock up on classic winter warmers as well as grab Christmas gifts at exceptional value.
Popular deals sell out fast, so savvy shoppers set their alarms to catch the discounts early!
Taking place across July and August each year, the Cotton Traders summer sale offers savings on lighter seasonal fashion.
Discounts up to 50% can be found on women’s tops and dresses in breezy fabrics and prints, alongside men’s polo shirts, shorts and swimwear.
The sale is the best chance to pick up summer holiday wardrobe essentials or update your warm weather casuals for less. Sale items are available both online and in stores for maximum convenience.
Boxing Day Sale
Cotton Traders starts its Boxing Day sale online on 26 December with even more savings on offer. The sale later extends to stores once they reopen after Christmas.
Shoppers can expect up to 70% off remaining winter stock making it the ideal chance to grab quality cold weather coats, knitwear and boots at exceptional post-Christmas prices.
The sale is also a great opportunity to use Christmas gift cards and spend leftover cash on discounted items across both clothing and homeware ranges.
Other Discount Offers
In addition to Cotton Traders’ seasonal sales, customers can save year-round with:
- Newsletter sign-up discount – 10% off first orders over £25 for new email subscribers
- Student discount – 10% off full-price items with a valid student ID
- Refer a friend scheme – £5 off your next order for every new customer referred
- Multibuy offers – savings when buying 2 or more identical items
- Clearance – year-round discounts on previous season stock
- Sign up for Unlimited Delivery for £4.99/month with free click & collect
Cotton Traders’s Product Range
Cotton Traders offers an extensive range of casual clothing and footwear for women, men and children. Categories include:
- Dresses, tops, shirts and blouses
- Knitwear and cardigans
- Trousers, jeans, shorts and skirts
- Outerwear and jackets
- Nightwear, underwear and swimwear
- Shoes, boots, sandals and accessories
- Shirts, polos, t-shirts and vests
- Jumpers, cardigans and gilets
- Trousers, jeans, shorts and swimwear
- Jackets, coats, gilets and accessories
- Bedding, duvets, pillows and mattress toppers
- Towels, bathrobes and slippers
- Furnishings like curtains, cushions and rugs
The brand is focused on everyday comfort and versatility at affordable prices. Key ranges like their soft cotton t-shirts and flattering jeans showcase Cotton Traders’ commitment to quality fabrics and inclusive sizing.
Recent expansions into categories like homewares and nightwear also display the brand’s aim to be a one-stop destination for casual classics.
Shopping at Cotton Traders
There are several ways to shop the Cotton Traders range:
Cotton Traders has mobile-optimised websites for the UK, Ireland and internationally. Shopping online allows you to:
- Browse the full product ranges
- Check stock availability in your size
- Place orders 24/7
- Use discount codes and sales
- Choose between home delivery or free click & collect
With over 80 stores across the UK, Cotton Traders has a widespread physical presence where shoppers can:
- View and try on items in person
- Get style advice from store assistants
- Check and reserve stock for home delivery
- Pay in person and collect loyalty points
- Mobile payments and saved payment details
- Order tracking and notifications
- Exclusive app-only offers and early access to sales
- Store stock check and click & collect
About Cotton Traders
Cotton Traders was founded in 1987 by ex-England rugby captains Fran Cotton and Steve Smith. Based in Altrincham, the brand began as a catalogue business focused on sportswear and rugby apparel.
After early success, Cotton Traders expanded into wider casual clothing categories whilst retaining its commitment to quality fabrics and inclusive sizing. This direct-to-consumer model helped the brand control costs and build loyalty.
The 2000s saw major growth for Cotton Traders as an established destination for comfort-focused fashion and everyday style. The brand moved into physical retail with store openings across the UK whilst also launching international websites.
Cotton Traders continues to expand its ranges across clothing, footwear and homewares whilst balancing consistent quality with responsible production. After over 30 years they remain an iconic British brand, showcasing their heritage whilst appealing to new generations of customers.