Schuh (www.schuh.co.uk) is a popular footwear retailer with over 130 stores across the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1981 in Scotland, Schuh has grown to become one of the leading destinations for branded shoes and trainers.
With an extensive range from over 100 top brands, Schuh appeals to a wide variety of customers looking for the latest trends in casual and athletic footwear.
They frequently run sales and special offers, have a popular loyalty scheme called Schuh Club, and offer perks like student discounts.
Schuh Sale Dates in 2024
|End of Season Sale
|Up to 70% off clearance items from the previous season. Great for bagging bargains on footwear.
|Valentine's Day Sale
|Up to 50% off selected shoes and accessories. Perfect for picking up gifts for loved ones.
|Half Term Sale
|Up to 60% off kids' shoes and selected adult lines to keep the whole family happy.
|Formal Event Sale
|March – April
|Up to 50% off formal shoes like heels, sandals and loafers. Great for weddings and parties.
|Hop to it with 30% off seasonal footwear like sandals and lightweight trainers.
|June to August
|Up to 60% off selected summer footwear like sandals, mules, espadrilles and canvas shoes. The biggest sale of the year.
|Back to School Sale
|August and September
|Up to 50% off kids' styles and uniforms plus student discounts on adult ranges.
|Black Friday Sale
|Schuh's biggest event of the year with up to 70% off site-wide online and in stores. By far the best discounts.
|Festive treats like gift cards, free delivery and up to 60% off party shoes and slippers. The perfect chance to grab gifts.
|Boxing Day Sale
|Up to 70% off clearance items. A great chance to grab post-Christmas bargains.
Popular Sale Events at Schuh
Black Friday Sale
Schuh's legendary Black Friday sale is eagerly anticipated every year, launching crazy discounts just in time for Christmas shopping. For one weekend only, you can save a mammoth 70% across the entire site – it's the best time of year to grab high-ticket items like boots and trainers for a fraction of their usual price!
The sale includes all the biggest brand names like Converse, Vans, Adidas, Nike, UGG and more. It's incredibly popular for picking up Christmas gifts and giving your winter wardrobe a stylish update on the cheap.
Make sure to sign up for Schuh Club membership before the big weekend to get early access to the unmissable deals.
End of Season Sale
Another highlight in the Schuh calendar is the End of Season sale held each January. With up to 70% off clearance items, it's the perfect opportunity to score items from the previous autumn/winter season for absolute bargain prices.
You'll find everything from coats and knitwear to boots and party shoes included to refresh your look ahead of spring. The discounts get bigger the longer the sale goes on, so keep an eye out for final markdowns of up to 90% off towards the end!
When summer rolls around, the Schuh Summer Sale is the place to be. Launching in June, you can expect up to 60% off selected sandals, canvas shoes, sliders and other warm weather footwear.
Big name brands like Nike, Adidas, Vans, Converse and Birkenstock feature heavily, making it easy to give your summer style a trendy update for less. This end-of-line clearance sale is another chance to grab the previous season's styles for a fraction of normal prices.
Other Discount Offers
- Schuh Club – Sign up for free and collect 1 point for every £1 spent, which can be redeemed on money off vouchers. The more points you earn, the bigger the rewards!
- Student Discount – Students get 10% off full-price adult shoes and accessories with a valid student ID. Excludes sale items.
- Newsletter Signups – Sign up to the Schuh newsletter to get early access to new collections and sales plus exclusive subscriber-only discounts.
- In-Store Promotions – Look out for special extra discounts only available in Schuh stores, like multi-buy offers and free gift promotions.
- Clearance Items – The Schuh website has a dedicated clearance section with shoes reduced by up to 70% all year round.
Schuh's Product Range
Schuh offers an unrivalled selection of casual and athletic footwear for men, women and kids. Customers can discover an extensive range of over 100 top brands alongside Schuh's own label.
The website and stores are neatly organised by gender, category, brand, size and fit. Shoppers can easily refine their search to find exactly what they need. As well as shoes, Schuh offers selected accessories like socks, care products and bags.
Some of the most popular brands stocked include:
- Trainers – Nike, Adidas, Vans, Converse, New Balance
- Boots – Dr. Martens, Timberland, Hunter, UGG
- Heels/Party Shoes – Steve Madden, Office, Irregular Choice
- Kids' Shoes – Vans, Converse, Nike
Schuh sets itself apart from high street competitors by focusing purely on footwear rather than clothing. This allows for an unparalleled depth of choice across styles, fits and brands.
Helpful ordering guides covering size, width and fit are available online to aid customers in finding their perfect match. Schuh also offers customisation of some shoe styles with unique pattern and colour options.
Shopping at Schuh
The Schuh website offers an easy and enjoyable shopping experience from start to finish.
- Browse shoes by category, brand, size or fit and refine filters to narrow your search.
- Select your item and choose your preferred size, width and colour options.
- View sizing guides for each brand to ensure you pick the best fit.
- Add to bag and proceed through a simple checkout process. Register for an account to enable faster repeat checkout.
- Choose between home delivery or click & collect from one of 130+ Schuh stores nationwide.
- Enjoy free standard delivery on orders over £25 and free returns within 28 days.
Self-service kiosks are available for quick reprints of online orders. Benefit from order & collect discounts and the ability to return online purchases in-store.
Originally founded in 1981 as a single shoe shop in Livingston, Scotland; Schuh has since grown into one of the nation's most recognisable footwear chains. Brothers Sandy and Roy Alexander opened the first Schuh store on Livingston's Almondvale South Retail Park which became an instant hit with locals.
Its popularity led to expansion across Scotland and Northern England throughout the 80s and 90s. By 2001, Schuh operated from 43 stores and launched its transactional website schuh.co.uk to sell online.
Through rapid store expansion and e-commerce growth, Schuh has retained its identity as a destination for branded footwear and quality customer service. As it continues to cement its popularity, further international expansion could be on the cards.