TK Maxx (www.tkmaxx.com) is a popular British off-price retail chain known for offering big discounts on designer brands all year round. Founded in 1994 as a subsidiary of the American TJX Companies, TK Maxx has grown to over 350 stores across the UK and Ireland.
The appeal of TK Maxx is the treasure hunt shopping experience – with new stock arriving daily, you never know what gems you might uncover. Savvy shoppers flock to TK Maxx for the chance to bag designer fashion, premium beauty products, stylish homewares and more at up to 60% less than the RRP.
Whether you're a bargain hunter, a fashionista tracking down the latest trends, or wanting to kit out your home in style without blowing the budget, TK Maxx caters to all. Even celebrities like Prince Harry have professed their love for nabbing deals at the famous TK Maxx annual sale.
TK Maxx Sale Dates in 2024
|Date of the sale
|Name of the event
|New Year Sale
|Discounted stock after Christmas to make way for new season arrivals
|Twice a year massive clearance event with extra discounts on already reduced items
|February & March
|Savings on winter clothing, boots, accessories to prepare for spring
|Hot deals on swimwear, sundresses, sandals, summer basics
|Markdowns on summer items plus deals on autumn/winter ranges
|Black Friday Sale
|Some of the best discounts of the year across all departments
|Special offers in the lead up to Christmas with gifts, decorations, more
Popular Sale Events at TK Maxx
Black Friday Sale
TK Maxx's Black Friday sale is undoubtedly one of the most popular and highly anticipated sales events of the year. Launching in early November to coincide with the famous Black Friday weekend, this is when shoppers can expect to find some of the biggest discounts and the most exciting deals.
What's on offer: Up to 60% off sought-after items across all departments including womenswear, menswear, kids fashion, footwear, accessories, beauty, homewares and more. The discounts get bigger and better in the weeks leading up to Black Friday itself.
Why it's significant: It's the best time of year bag designer brands for less, with savings better than at any other point. Diehard bargain hunters even queue up overnight to have the first pick of Black Friday deals.
Unique aspects: Special online flash sales and limited edition offers are unveiled in the days surrounding Black Friday for online shoppers. In stores, some particularly impressive finds are flagged ‘Red Dot Specials' with dedicated areas to browse them.
As the name suggests, TK Maxx's Christmas sale takes place in November and December in the lead up to the big day.
What's on offer: Festive homewares like Christmas decorations, trees, lights etc at marked down prices. Discounted gift ideas across all departments – toys, clothing, accessories, beauty sets, gourmet food & drinks etc.
Why it's significant: It's the perfect opportunity to grab great deals on gifts and everything you need to decorate your home for Christmas on a budget.
Unique aspects: Special gift guides are released online and instore to highlight the best Christmas present ideas at affordable price points for different recipients. Festive goods like Christmas jumpers, pyjamas and accessories also get dedicated sections in stores during this sale.
Other Discount Offers
As well as its major seasonal sales, TK Maxx also runs other promotions and discounts throughout the year:
- Clearance section – Year-round, the clearance section offers products reduced to as little as 30p according to some former employees. These are end-of-line or damaged goods needing to be sold off quickly at heavily cut prices.
- Student discount – 10% off full-priced items with a valid student ID, great for saving money on essentials.
- Over 60s discount – 10% off full-priced items for shoppers aged 60 and over, applicable in stores only.
- Multibuy offers – Buy 1 get 2nd half price, buy 2 get cheapest free etc on selected lines instore.
- Rewards programme – Earn £5 vouchers for every 500 reward points collected when you shop. Points are earned per £1 spent.
TK Maxx's Product Range
TK Maxx stores are a treasure trove bursting with an astonishing array of over 50,000 products covering everything you could possibly want for yourself, your family and your home.
The retail giant is best known for designer fashion, with an ever-changing selection of clothing, shoes, accessories and more from brands like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Ted Baker, Coach, Michael Kors plus high end labels including Armani, Stella McCartney and Versace. Their kids ranges are just as impressive.
But TK Maxx is so much more than a designer discount outlet. Some of the extensive products on offer include:
- Beauty – Premium makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrances and grooming tools from Urban Decay, Clinique, Origins, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Remington and more.
- Homewares – Everything for the home from soft furnishings like bedding & towels, kitchenware appliances, dinner sets, gadgets and cleaning products to decor pieces like vases, candles, frames and ornaments. Big name brands like Le Creuset, Tefal, Cath Kidston feature.
- Toys & games – Major toy brands like Lego, Playmobil, Chad Valley and popular character toys can be found at smaller price tags.
- Food & drink – Gourmet treats, sweets and tipples from Hotel Chocolat, Cadbury, Reese's, Toblerone, biscuit assortments and more.
- Pet supplies – Food, beds, accessories and toys for furry friends.
This vast and diverse range combined with the promise of new items arriving daily makes TK Maxx an exciting destination to uncover amazing finds across any category you can think of.
Shopping at TK Maxx
TK Maxx has made the discount shopping experience incredibly convenient with an online store as well as over 350 stores nationwide. Here is a step-by-step guide to grabbing bargains whether you shop online or in store:
- Head to your nearest store which you can find via the store locator tool.
- Grab a basket or trolley and start browsing the aisles. Look out for sale items flagged with red & yellow stickers.
- When you spot something you like, check thoroughly for defects and try on clothing items.
- Take your selections to the checkout and don't forget to present any valid student/over 60s ID to get extra discounts.
- Browse the TK Maxx website or download the app on your device.
- Use the search bar, category tabs or filters to find products.
- Add items to your trolley then proceed to checkout. Look out for any e-vouchers or promo codes to apply too.
- Select your delivery option – free standard delivery over £75 or next day delivery from £5.99. Or click & collect from your nearest store.
About TK Maxx
TK Maxx began its UK operations in 1994 under American parent company TJX – the inventors of off-price department stores. It introduced a revolutionary retail concept offering big name fashion and homewares at up to 60% less than RRPs. This was made possible by buying surplus stock and discontinued lines from brands which were still high quality but couldn't be sold at full price.
It proved extremely successful and rapidly expanded from just 10 initial stores to now over 350 locations nationwide as the only off-price brick-and-mortar retailer of scale in Europe. TK Maxx also brought the treasure hunt style shopping experience to consumers – never knowing what offerings might be in store with new products arriving every day.
While the discounted offerings drew in cost-conscious shoppers initially, the brand soon gained mainstream appeal across all demographics from students to celebrities thanks to the designer names available for less.
Today TK Maxx retains the same discount concept but has expanded its reach greatly. Its online store allows shoppers across the UK to grab the best deals. And via international branches in Germany, Poland, Austria and elsewhere, millions globally can now experience the thrill of designer bargain hunting at TK Maxx!